So what are the benefits?
The most glaring current benefit of efficient carbon calculation comes within the procurement process. If you’ve got your figures prepped and boldly stated in your environmental policy then there’s a very strong chance that your business stands out because you immediately tick all the required boxes for those larger customers that are now bound by the Carbon Reduction Commitment.
However, somewhat un-surprising research and evidence shows that companies who really invest time and attention in this area can also reap a raft of quite unexpected benefits including:
- Immediate financial savings with carbon reduction initiatives in operations and secondary activities such as energy consumption for heat and lighting, transport and travel
- Better relations with investors and customers
- Refined targets for reductions and consequently more efficient financial figures
- Board level interest and enthusiasm for environmental issues which in turn can drive environmental behaviour change across the organisation – and a whole host of business benefits as a consequence
- Higher opinion rankings with investors due to the commitment to these environmentally linked business measures
- Improved staff motivation and retention
- Being ahead of the game and organised and ready for future legislation – hence inner confidence in the organisation
- Differentiation from competitors – thinking differently to keep you ahead of your game can never be a bad thing!
- The opportunity for ratings on the growing number of market indices such as the FTSE4Good and DJSI – therefore potentially driving future investment
And we’re sure you’ll agree that all, or any of the above, can only be good for your business!
Call 0845 030 5555 or Sign Up Here